The real estate website Estately just did a study of Google Shopping searches to see what WEIRD product every state is shopping for more than anyone else . . . and the results did not disappoint. Here are ten highlights . . .
1. The people in Colorado shop for the "Borat" mankini more than anyone else.
2. People in Oklahoma shop for zombie survival kits more than anyone else.
3. Kansas . . . plus-size lingerie wholesale. (As a known chubby chaser AND a known cheapskate, this is like my dream scenario.)
4. South Carolina . . . adult Underoos.
5. Massachusetts . . . velour track suits.
6. Wisconsin . . . Truck Nuts. Those are plastic testes you dangle from a trailer hitch.
7. Nebraska . . . jorts, or jean shorts.
8. Georgia . . . plaid pants.
9. West Virginia . . . Confederate flag bikinis. That's strange, West Virginia only became a state when it split off from Virginia during the Civil War to be part of the Union.
10. Indiana . . . blow-up dolls.
HERE is the entire list. HA!
For those who have been struggling to get to sleep, the “Casper” mattress company has started a hotline to help you. The company has kicked off its "Can't Sleep" campaign with a bizarre hotline that offers sleep-deprived people some weird and surely unhelpful options to get back to sleep. Commercials for the campaign urge late-nighters to call this toll-free number: 888-890-2040. Callers are greeted by a British man who asks callers to select one of nine options, or to stay on the line to speak with a mattress sales representative.
Callers can do the following:
Press 1 to hear the sounds of the ocean.
Press 2 to hear wind chimes blowing in the wind.
Press 3 to travel back in time to the 1990s.
Press 4 to undergo hypnosis.
Press 5 for a motivational speech.
Press 6 for a grandma who misses you.
Press 7 to learn the history of the cocktail wiener.
Press 8 to hear Jaleel White who played Steve Urkel on "Family Matters" sing you a lullaby.
Press 9 to merge into the conference call with the marketing team who came up with this idea.